CONNECT. BUILD. INSPIRE
The USQ Industry Mentoring Program allows students to connect with industry professionals to help prepare for the transition from university to employment. This program aims to enhance students' knowledge, understanding and professional networks, and provides mentors the opportunity to meet, grow and learn from upcoming talent in their industry.
The Industry Mentoring Program is:
- Open to all study disciplines and industries
- Allows students to connect with one or several professionals working in industry throughout the year.
- Participants can opt-in and out as the year progresses.
- There is no time-frame on mentoring relationships. Connect for 2 days, 2 weeks or 32 weeks - it's completely up to you and your mentoring partner. However, the mentoring platform will close on January 15, 2020.
How to get started:
- Students are able to browse the list of mentors and their online profiles before sending an electronic 'mentoring connection request'. Mentors can review the student's profile before accepting or declining this mentoring request.
- Once connected, you will receive weekly emails to guide you through your mentoring connection for the first 5 weeks.
- Continuous support is provided by the USQ Careers and Employability team throughout.
There isn’t a specified time commitment for you to participate in this program. Instead we ask that you respond to student/mentor messages and requests in a reasonable time frame. If you are unavailable for a certain amount of time, please let the Admin Team know and we can postpone your account until you’re ready to connect again.
The program is NOW OPEN, and students will be able to view mentor profiles and send mentoring connection requests from 17 April - 30 November. Please note you may withdraw from this program at any time.
For further information access the Student Handbook or Mentor Handbook.
For students, additional resources can also be found on Professional Communication and an Introduction to the Mentoring Platform that we encourage you to access.
USQ Careers and Employability
Phone: +61 7 4631 2372